Monday, October 08, 2007

Life...

Life is well... how should I put it...
A myriad* of different activities and responsibilities that all require a whole lot of my attention...
Needless to say its hard to keep up with everything.
Just a quick update for those of you who aren't totally up with what is going on in my life.

I am currently working to complete my senior year at Valeo Academy, a small private school that my parents have my sister Natalie and I going to this year. Coming from the background of homeschooling for my whole life (i.e. school out at 12ish, and no homework... EVER) This is a bit of shock treatment, going to school for 8 hours a day, then coming home with 3-4 hours of homework every night, yea, lets just say I have a new (forced) best friend :P

Basketball season is starting up really soon here, we are in training camp right now which is proving to be the hardest one i've ever had to go through, and we are really just beginning. But I am super amped about the upcoming season, I have a lot of confidence in our team... I really think we can go all the way this year.

I've also been leading worship at our church, Family Life Christian Center, it is a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. Preparing the sets, (trying to) schedule rehearsals... But I really enjoy doing it and people are getting blessed.

So yea, things are kinda stressful, but hey, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me right? =)


*. You may be asking where the heck did you get a word like Myriad? to tell you the truth, I'm not all that sure... it might have come from the fact that I just did 25 crazy old word definitions for modern lit... I'm not sure :P

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome, how's school??
Do you get a lot of hw?
And, word freak that i am... :)
I feel the obsessive need to point out that "myriad" should be used like this:
Myriad activities are keeping me busy.
and not like this:
A myriad of activities are keeping me busy.
It's ok...common mistake :)

Andrew Barlow said...

actually, you are wrong katie... :P
Myriad: A large indefinite number; "he faced a myriad of details"
It's ok... common mistake :P

Anonymous said...

see my facebook response :)

Samantha F. said...

I'm certain you're more than able to cope with everything. But, I'll be prayin' for you all the same! You're doing a really good job as worship leader, by the way. I don't think we say it enough, but seriously. You do.

=)